FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) will release the new FUJINON XF50mmF2 R WR in mid February 2017, adding to the X Series lineup of interchangeable lenses renowned for their outstanding image quality. The lens features a focal length equivalent to 76mm (in the 35mm film format) and a maximum aperture of F2.0 for beautiful bokeh. The compact and stylish optic also offers high speed AF and weighs just 200g.
The XF50mmF2 R WR is a mid-telephoto lens that delivers the very best results from Fujifilm’s unique X-TRANS CMOS sensor. Its compact and lightweight design features 9 elements in 7 groups, including one aspherical ED lens, and has an inner focusing system*, driven by a stepping motor** for fast and silent autofocusing. Metal parts are used extensively on the exterior for a stylish, robust design with a premium feel, while the aperture and focusing rings have been designed to be comfortable and easy to use. The lens is also weather and dust resistant, and operates in temperatures as low as -10°C, making it ideal for shooting in a variety of conditions.
The XF50mmF2 R WR will add to Fujifilm’s lineup of compact, lightweight and stylish lenses, which currently includes the FUJINON XF35mmF2 R WR and XF23mmF2 R WR, further broadening the appeal of Fujifilm mirrorless digital cameras.
*?An AF system that moves smaller lens elements in the middle or at the back of the lens to focus.
**?A fast, precise motor that uses electrical pulses to focus in a sequence of steps .
2. Product features
(1) Advanced optical performance
- The lens features 9 lens elements in 7 groups including one aspherical ED lens, which prevents spherical and chromatic aberrations. This ensures the lens delivers outstanding results and minimises variances in image quality at different shooting distances.
(2) Compact, lightweight and stylish design
- The lens weighs just 200g.
- The metal exterior uses the same design style as XF35mmF2 R WR and XF23mmF2 R WR for a robust, premium feel.
- The compact and stylish design almost completely eliminates mechanical vignetting*** when using the optical viewfinder on the FUJIFILM X-Pro2 camera.
- The aperture and focusing rings feature precise click stops and smooth damping for easy operation.
?***?Where part of the lens hood or lens barrel obscures the view through an optical viewfinder
(3)?Fast and silent autofocus
- The inner focusing AF system uses a stepping motor to drive lightweight focusing elements for a fast, silent autofocus performance.
(4) Weather and dust resistant, capable of operating in temperatures as low as -10°C
- The lens is weather-sealed at ten points around the barrel making it weather and dust resistant. It will also continue to operate in temperatures as low as -10°C. Used with the weather and dust-resistant FUJIFILM X-Pro2 or X-T2 bodies means users can shoot confidently in light rain or dusty environments.
|Type||FUJINON LENS XF50mmF2 R WR|
|Lens construction||9 elements 7 groups |
(includes 1 aspherical ED element?
|Focal length (35mm format equivalent)||f=50mm?(76mm)|
|Angle of view||31.7°|
|Aperture control ?? |
Number of blades ??
|9?rounded diaphragm opening? |
|External dimensions: |
Diameter x Length (approx.)?distance from camera lens mount flange?
|?60.0mm x 59.4mm|
|Weight (approx.) |
(excluding caps, hoods ?
|Accessories included||Lens cap FLCP-46 |
Lens rear cap RLCP-001