Fujifilm FinePix X100 Digital Camera
Aug. 15, 2011
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Digital Camera
The World’s First ‘Hybrid Viewfinder’
Dubai, 2011 - The new Fujifilm FinePix X100, a high-grade digital camera featuring the world’s first ‘Hybrid Viewfinder’ has made its UAE debut and is now available across the country.
The development of the FinePix X100 was first announced at the Photokina Exhibition in Cologne, Germany in September, 2010 where it received an enthusiastic welcome from both professional photographers and camera fans.
“The FinePix X100 is a technologically revolutionary camera with a classic finish and is aimed at professional and enthusiast photographers,” said Mr. Keitaro So, General Manager, Fujifilm Electronics Imaging Division, MENA. “It is an engineering marvel which can compete with the likes of SLR cameras at a very competitive price. We strongly feel it will prove to be one of our most popular cameras”
FinePix X100 – The Main Features
1. World's First Hybrid Viewfinder
- The true enjoyment of photography begins with "the pleasure of seeing the world through a viewfinder". The new Hybrid Viewfinder has been developed to reintroduce users to this essential camera experience. It combines the window-type “bright frame” optical viewfinder found in rangefinder-type film cameras such as the classic 135-size or medium-format cameras, and the electronic viewfinder system incorporated in most compact or mirrorless digital cameras.
- By integrating a prism for the 1,440,000 dot LCD panel image on the viewing screen in the reverse-Galilean optical finder, the Hybrid Viewfinder can show both the shooting frame and a variety of shooting data. Of course, it can also be used as a high-quality electronic viewfinder to compose or playback shots. With this ability to instantly switch between optical and electronic viewfinder images with simple “one touch” control, the new Hybrid Viewfinder offers users expanded freedom in the composition and enjoyment of photography in a wide range of challenging shooting conditions.
- The reverse Galilean optical finder with a 0.5× magnification features all-glass elements made from high-refractive index glass and demonstrates low chromatic aberration and distortion.
- In optical viewfinder (OVF) mode, the brightness of both the “bright frame” and text data is automatically adjusted according to the brightness of scene area, ensuring that shooting information is always easily and clearly viewable. Also, the displayed shooting data is constantly updated according to changes in shutter speed, exposure, sensitivity and other settings, so that the user's eye never has to leave the viewfinder.
2. High-performance 23mm F2 Fujinon Lens
- 23mm (135 equivalent: 35mm) F2 lens. 8 elements in 6 groups. One spherical glass molded lens.
- The adoption of the non-collapsible lens structure with minimized lens length not only contributes to the compact size but also eliminates telescoping of the lens when the power is on. It’s ready to start shooting the moment the user turns it on.
3. 12.3 Megapixel APS-C CMOS Sensor & EXR Processor
- The FinePix X100 features a custom CMOS high-performance sensor, internally optimized and developed exclusively for this model.
- Optimization of the angle-of-incidence in conjunction with the specially developed lens maximizes light gathering efficiency extending to the perimeter of the sensor for a sharper image with exceptional clarity.
- Beautiful, high-quality design inspired by the classic beauty and feel of traditional film cameras.
- The camera controls have been carefully thought out to give the photographer simple and speedy access to aperture, shutter speed, exposure compensation etc. Allowing maximum creative expression with minimum hassle and enabling to view setting even when the power of the camera is turned off. Custom modes can also be used for a one-touch change in settings.
- Premium quality is obvious in every detail. The chassis has been finished with high-quality leather-like accents and is a delight to use and a pleasure to hold.
The Fujifilm FinePix X100 is available across leading retail outlets. For more information please visit: http://www.finepix-x100.com
FUJIFILM Middle East FZE is a subsidiary company of FUJIFILM Corporation. FUJIFILM Middle East is based in Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai. A leader in the distribution of technologies that provide the backbone for state-of-the-art Imaging, Graphic Arts, Medical Imaging, Photofinishing, Recording Media and Motion Picture products, Fujifilm Middle East stands proud as a proven solutions-provider. For more information, visit www.fujifilm-mea.com
For more information, please contact:
Landline: +971-4-445 6848