FUJIFILM X-PRO1 LAUNCHED IN THE UAE
Aug. 23, 2011
FUJIFILM X-PRO1 LAUNCHED IN THE UAE
Winner of Four Awards at CES 2012
UAE, Jan. 25, 2012:
The new FUJIFILM X-Pro1, an all-new interchangeable lens camera system was recently showcased at the CES 2012 and won the award for ‘Best Camera’ along with three other awards. The camera has recently made its much anticipated UAE debut and is now available across the country.
The top and base are made from die-cast aluminium alloy which combined with high quality touches like precise engraving on the top-plate and hand-enamelled lettering on the lenses, underlines the fact that the entire FUJIFILM X-Pro1 system is built without compromise. The key features of this 16 Megapixel camera are its APS-C X-Trans CMOS sensor TM, a brand new X lens mount, Hybrid Multi Viewfinder and three prime lenses.
“We are honoured to receive these awards in recognition of the advanced technical innovation in our FUJIFILM X-Pro1 digital camera,” said Keitaro So, General Manager, Fujifilm Electronics Imaging Division, MENA. “Professionals and consumers have enthusiastically recognized the FUJIFILM X100 and the FUJIFILM X10 as the new "must have" cameras. X-Pro1 marks the re-entry of FUJIFILM into the interchangeable lens system camera category, with award winning design and technology that lives up to our legacy of supporting the culture of photography.”
FUJIFILM X-Pro1 – The Main Features
1. Setting new standards in image resolution
- FUJIFILM have developed a new CMOS sensor called the X-Trans CMOSTM. The X-Trans CMOSTM sensor is capable of delivering resolution that is parallel, if not superior, to a full frame sensor.
- The new colour filter array paves the way for an ideal sensor that does not need an optical low-pass filter. While the optical low-pass filter is indispensable for the reduction of moiré and false colour generated by conventional sensors, it also degrades resolution. The presence of an R, G and B pixel in every vertical and horizontal pixel series minimizes the generation of false colours and delivers higher colour reproduction.
- EXR Processor Pro – As a result of using a film-inspired array, a more powerful processor is required to process the image signal data. So FUJIFILM have created the EXR Processor Pro which maximizes the full potential of the X-Trans CMOSTM sensor delivering high speed and high precision image processing.
2. Prime FUJINON XF lenses deliver the highest image quality
- Fujinon lenses have long been associated with delivering high quality images, with optics used for both broadcast TV and medium format cameras. Now the expertise borne out of this enviable optical heritage has been put into lenses for the FUJIFILM X-Pro1.
- Three compact XF Fujinon fast aperture prime lenses will be available at launch. The “XF18mmF2 R”, “XF 35mmF1.4 R” and “XF60mmF2.4 R Macro” all offer precise control over depth-of-field and deliver excellent out-of-focus bokeh thanks to the design of the moulded aperture diaphragm blades. The blades are curved to create a circular image at all aperture settings, while the very edges of each blade are meticulously rounded off rather than simply cut off, which delivers a sharper image.
3.FUJIFILM original “X-Mount” maximizes lens performance
- Specifically designed to maximize the mirror-less design of the body the X-Mount has a short flange back distance of just 17.7mm. This means the rear lens elements are as close as possible to the sensor. The wide opening allows the lens to be mounted deeper within the body – up to 7.5mm (approx) from the mount surface – reducing the back focus distance of each lens to the minimum possible, thus achieving high resolution all the way to the edge of the image
4. Hybrid Multi Viewfinder – seeing is believing
- FUJIFILM’s revolutionary Hybrid Viewfinder first appeared in the X100. With its ability to instantly switch between an Optical Viewfinder and Electronic Viewfinder the Hybrid Viewfinder has added a new dimension to the pleasure of composing photographs. For the brightest viewing image, and to keep shutter lag to a minimum, users should choose the Optical Viewfinder. Those wanting focus confirmation, exposure information, white balance information and depth of field indicators should switch to the Electronic Viewfinder.
- The Electronic Viewfinder provides an excellent “Live View” of your composition. This fusion of technologies allows users to enjoy composing their images through a bright viewfinder, but has the option to overlay vital picture taking information should this be required.
- Changing between the two viewfinders is simple, thanks to the switch on the front of the X-Pro1 body. The X-Pro1 also gives you the freedom to manually set a focal distance and switch between viewfinder magnifications.
FUJIFILM Middle East FZE is a subsidiary company of FUJIFILM Corporation. FUJIFILM Middle East is based in Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai. A leader in the distribution of technologies that provide the backbone for state-of-the-art Imaging, Graphic Arts, Medical Imaging, Photofinishing, Recording Media and Motion Picture products, Fujifilm Middle East stands proud as a proven solutions-provider. For more information, visit www.fujifilm-mea.com
For more information, please contact:
- Manjeet Varerkar
- Account Executive
Landline: +971-4-445 6848