A premium interchangeable lens camera with 175° tilting LCD and new Eye Detection Auto Focus for perfect selfies!
Jan. 15, 2015
Fujifilm Corporation (President: Shigehiro Nakajima) has announced it will launch the FUJIFILM X-A2. Offering outstanding color reproduction, enhanced autofocusing and superb resolution, the X-A2 makes it easier than ever before for photographers to get the premium image quality that’s become synonymous with Fujifilm’s X Series.
The X-A2 features Fujifilm’s newly developed Eye Detection AF, Auto Macro AF and Multi-Target "MULTI AF" for fast and accurate autofocusing. It’s also the first X Series model to sport a 175-degree tilting LCD making it easier to take selfies and it comes with the new XC16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS II kit lens, which has a class-leading minimum working distance of 15cm (approx. 7cm from the edge of the lens) for macro photography.
<Key new*1 features in the X-A2>
Eye Detection AF, Auto Macro AF and Multi-Target "MULTI AF"
The camera features Eye Detection AF, Auto Macro AF and Multi-Target "MULTI AF", which adjust autofocus settings according to the subject. This makes it easier to photograph diverse subject matter.
Premium quality self-portraits with the 175° tilting LCD
The X-A2 is the first X Series model to sport a 175° tilting LCD for higher quality self-portraits, or selfies. Rotating the tilting LCD by 175° activates the new Eye Detection AF, which automatically focuses on the subject’s eyes. This allows you to shoot self-portraits that make the most of the famed X Series image quality, with an emphasis on reproducing even and smooth skin tones.
All-new kit lenses with a minimum working distance of 15cm for macro photography
Fujifilm has developed two new kit lenses – the XC16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS II and XC50-230mm F4.5-6.7 OIS II – which feature an updated design and improved performance. The XC16-50mmF3.5-5.6 OIS II has a minimum working distance of 15cm (approx. 7cm from the front edge of the lens)*2, the shortest in its class, for impressive close-up shooting. The XC50-230mm F4.5-6.7 OIS II offers optical image stabilization of approximately 3.5-stops*3, making it easier to take hand-held telephoto and night images.
The unique “CLASSIC CHROME” Film Simulation mode
Fujifilm’s newest Film Simulation mode, “CLASSIC CHROME”, has been added. With its deeper colors and richer tones, it increases the choice of color and tonal reproduction. Classic Chrome is highly popular and is great for those occasions when you want to create an image that tells a story.
(1) (*1) Compared to the FUJIFILM X-A1: (*2) When shooting at the wide-angle end, the minimum working distance from the sensor has been improved from 30cm to 15cm. (*3) Improvement from approximately 3.0-stops to 3.5-stops.
1. Product features
(1) Outstanding photo quality and versatile creative functions using color reproduction technology 80 years in the making
7) Instant transfer of premium-quality X Series images to your mobile device and computer
- Download the free FUJIFILM Camera Application app to your smartphone or tablet*6 so you can transfer photos and videos to your device with a simple one-touch operation - no ID or password needed! It is also possible to view and select photos and videos in your camera and import them to your smart device.
- Images can also be sent directly from the camera to the Instax SHARE SP-1 smartphone printer for instant printing
- The camera is Wi-Fi enabled *7to easily back up in-camera data to your computer *8.
- It is also possible to geotag each image with location information, acquired through your smartphone or mobile device.
- (* 6) Android™ smartphones and tablets as well as iPhones and iPads
- (* 7) Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance
- (* 8) The free FUJIFILM PC AutoSave software must be installed on your computer in advance.
(8) Available in two Perfect lens kits: A compact and lightweight standard zoom lens equivalent to 24mm*9 at the wide-angle end, and a telephoto zoom lens with focal lengths extending from 76mm*9 to 350mm*9
- The compact X-A2 is available in a kit with the XC16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS II standard zoom, which employs 12 all-glass elements in 10 groups, including 3 aspherical lens elements and 1 ED lens element. The lens uses seven rounded diaphragm blades to enable fine 1/3-step (17 steps in total) exposure control. Its lightweight focusing lens and high-precision motor achieve quick and silent autofocusing, while the minimum working distance of 15cm makes macro photography simple. The optical image stabilization function reduces camera shake in hand-held still images and videos.
- The double zoom lens kit also comes with the XC50-230mm F4.5-6.7 OIS II telephoto zoom, which employs 13 all-glass elements in 10 groups, including 1 aspherical lens element and 1 ED lens element. The lens offers an advanced optical performance across its focal range, producing clear images even when your subject is a long distance away. Its lightweight focusing lens and high-precision motor achieve quick and silent autofocusing. The optical image stabilization function (approximately 3.5-stops) reduces camera shake in hand-held still images and videos.
- (* 9) equivalent to 35mm format
2． Extensive variety of accessories
Leather Case “BLC-XM1”:
This genuine leather case and shoulder strap kit is available in 2 colors (black / brown). It is possible to change batteries, replace the SD card or mount the camera on a tripod while keeping the camera in the leather case. The kit contains a shoulder strap.
Hand Grip “HG-XM1”:
Designed to offer the perfect grip
Macro Extension Tubes “MCEX-11” and “MCEX-16”:
Two tubes (11mm and 16mm) are available for fitting between the camera body and an interchangeable lens to enable high magnification macro photography.